DVD Україна · Форум цінителів якісної відеопродукції

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

What Hollywood Thinks of 3D

Сообщений 1 страница 2 из 2

James Cameron

James Cameron has had plenty to say about 3D. He most recently commented on 3D TV and the role Hollywood has to play in its success. “We’re going to have 3D TVs all around us ... and we’re going to need thousands of hours of sports, comedy and music and all kinds of entertainment.”

Cameron also says TV producers need to embrace 3D content production rather than conversion that’s more costly in the long run. “There’s not going to be the time or the money to convert that. It’s going to have to be shot live. We’re going to learn how to do live shooting. The cost will come down on live 3D production.” That’s not to say Cameron is completely against 3D conversion, since a 3D version of Titanic is expected to arrive by 2012.

Francis Ford Coppola

Francis Ford Coppola’s main complaint was the annoyance of 3D glasses. “I feel that until you can watch 3D without glasses, it’s the same thing we know. I personally do not want to watch a movie with glasses. It’s tiresome.”

“I would rather make a movie in regular 2D and move to larger format for some big scenes much like Abel Gance did with ‘Napoleon.’”

Christopher Nolan

Christopher Nolan, director of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, is on the fence about 3D. His main concern is the need to shoot video, but says conversion technology is moving forward. “3D, I think, is an interesting development in movies or the resurgence of 3D. It’s something we’re looking at and watching. There are certain limitations of shooting in 3D. You have to shoot on video, which I’m not a fan of. I like shooting on film. And so then you’re looking at post-conversion processes which are moving forward in very exciting ways.”

Michael Bay

To the surprise of many, big-budget action director Michael Bay sits squarely in the 3D hater camp. “Right now, it looks like fake 3D, with layers that are very apparent. You go to the screening room, you are hoping to be thrilled, and you’re thinking, huh, this kind of sucks.”

Ridley Scott

Ridley Scott was quoted as saying he had the option to convert the upcoming Robin Hood arrow-fest in post-production, but chose not to. “It’s not a big deal. It’s all in how you are going to fill the frame.” Native 3D may be more up his alley, since two planned Alien prequel films are to be shot in 3D.

Roger Ebert

Roger Ebert was even more vocal, somewhat ironically, in his disdain for 3D. “3-D is a waste of a perfectly good dimension. Hollywood’s current crazy stampede toward it is suicidal. It adds nothing essential to the moviegoing experience. For some, it is an annoying distraction. For others, it creates nausea and headaches.

“It is driven largely to sell expensive projection equipment and add a $5 to $7.50 surcharge on already expensive movie tickets. Its image is noticeably darker than standard 2-D. It is unsuitable for grown-up films of any seriousness. It limits the freedom of directors to make films as they choose. For moviegoers in the PG-13 and R ranges, it only rarely provides an experience worth paying a premium for.”

James Cameron написал(а):

TV producers need to embrace 3D content production rather than conversion that’s more costly in the long run.

Michael Bay написал(а):

Right now, it looks like fake 3D, with layers that are very apparent. You go to the screening room, you are hoping to be thrilled, and you’re thinking, huh, this kind of sucks.

Вот основные вещи, на которые стоит обратить внимание Голливуду. Когда вышел Аватар, ощущения от просмотра в IMAX были просто непередаваемы. "Рождественскую историю" посмотреть не срослось и я с нетерпением ждал, когда выйдет "Алиса". Посмотрел я ее в обычном стереокинотеатре с XpanD технологией. И был разочарован. Да, стерео какое-то есть, но реально это халтура. Пока кроме Аватара настоящих современных стереофильмов нет (мультики в расчет не берем, там изначально все в 3Д моделях). И если так и будет продолжаться, то вся эта эйфория по поводу стерео схлынет так же быстро, как и началась после выхода Аватара.

Ну и IMAX-ы должны расширять свою сеть, ибо для стереофильмов размер экрана имеет очень большое значение. Да и сама по себе поляризационная технология заметно лучше передает объем, чем затворная. так что даешь IMAX / RealD / SuperD в каждый город!

Отредактировано Yarilo (2010-06-02 12:04:40)